NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Messier 76 in HaOiiiRGB

emyliano2000

This year, because I love small targets and especially planetary nebulae, I decided to start shooting a few to see how they come out with my AT106 and Qhy183m. I'm quite oversampled at 0.72"/px when shooting at 690mm, with the qhy183m,  but In order to get a nice looking crop I decided to drizzle x2 for the crop and reduce the wide view photo to its original size. 

The first finished target is M76, The Little Dumbell nebula. 

With a total of 35 hours and 40 minutes, it's my longest integration time that I’ve done on a single target. 

I have a few more of these small gems in the making but I really wanna do at least 30 hours on each one, so that might take a while because of all the good weather we've been getting in the UK. 

I shot it in HaOiiiRGB, stacked and combined in APP and processed in Pixinsight and photoshop. 

I really like it, I hope you do too. 😊

I'll add an astrobin link with all the details later when I upload it there. 

Emil

1369067923_M76-Ha_Oiii_RGB-AppPs(Watermark).thumb.jpg.d8390f7074f10b0d8619ecfffffb2a9c.jpg

820525663_M76-Ha_Oiii_RGB-AppPs(Crop)(Watermark).thumb.jpg.6d7badd9036db5d24c8ec17d524b323d.jpg

Edited by emyliano2000
  • Like 11

4 minutes ago, tooth_dr said:

That’s very impressive Emil. The detail and processing is fantastic. 

Thanks Adam, I'm really glad it came out ok, it makes me wanna shoot more and more of them 😊

Emil

Edited by emyliano2000

1 hour ago, Gina said:

Lovely.

1 hour ago, Mick H said:

Beautiful, I find all AP's pictures amazing and the dedication that you all put in to capture them. 👍

33 minutes ago, simmo39 said:

V nice widefield shot.

Thank you! Even though I'm not even close to being "up there" where a lot of people on SGL are, I decided to try and put a bit more effort in my astrophotography and even though I can't afford more expensive things to make my life even easier, I'm just gonna do my best with what I have and if that means I need to shoot much longer to get the results that I'm after, so be it. I've gone passed the stage when I wanted to shoot 10 targets in one night. Now I only shoot 5 but that's because my veiw is very restricted 😂😂

Emil

Edited by emyliano2000
  • Like 1