Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

National Geographic Goto 70/350

I got a National Geographic 70mm Goto Refractor Telescope for Christmas.  Looking on how to set up and align the telescope on YouTube looks easy.  I have set it up, aligned it up etc, however when I put in the coordinates to search for Venus or the Moon etc, it does not align up with what I want to view.  What am I doing wrong?  Can anyone help me please?  Tracy 

Is the date set correctly?  For solar system objects, an alignment is not enough to find them.  Ask it to find Sirius, the bright star to the left of Orion as you face south.  If it finds it, your alignment is probably good.

When it asks to align on both stars r u justing hitting enter or r u slewing to the correct star then hitting align enter?

All gotos r not perfect when it slews to a star it could easily be 5 to 15 degrees off. U have to slew to them manual put it in center then hit align

Joejaguar 

Edited by joe aguiar

Once its successful then it should put the item in fov of a low power ep like 25 or 32mm ep.

But in the start up process it can easily be off as it does not know where u are. It's just going off by the city or cords u selected. So until u do a 2 or 3 star alignment it doesnt fully know where u r

Hope that helps

Joejaguar 

If you have a mobile phone with GIS turned on for a few minutes an application called synscan init 2.0 will usually provide all you need for setting up goto systems will all the figures in the right order inc. All the essential leading zeros and plus or minus desinations that you must make sure you include.  It might be worth a try.

Edited by JOC

• 2 weeks later...