NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

A trio of scopes.

centroid

The new arrival (WO ZS66), is now mounted alongside the Meade triplet, with both scopes being 'piggy backed' on the 12" LX200R.

I made up a new mounting bar arrangement to allow the two refractors to 'sit' side by side on top of the SCT.

The 80 triplet is still, as was, mounted in 'rings', whereas I've mounted the 66 in a fixed position. Albeit I can adjust it laterally.

Just need a clear sky to see how the 66 works as a guide scope for the 80mm APO, then try it for wide field imaging, and see how much CA shows up in a colour image.

Apologies for the poor picture quality. I just 'grabbed' the wife's little Sony Cybershot, as it was handy.

Dave

post-13389-133877351532_thumb.jpg

Dave look coool :(

Wherever possible I would guide through the LX when imaging through the Triplet... the results will probably be so much better than if your were guiding through the 66...

I'm thinking of going for a triple setup but so that I can image through the SCT and STR at the same time to give a close up and wider field shot of the target at the same time...I use the CPC800 at f6.3 with a DSI II C to guide when I am imaging through the Megrez72...

The other option I am considering is OAG the SCT...waiting to see some setup pics from TJ to see how big this setup is...

The setup sweet and certianly gives you a lot of otptions though :D

Billy...

Cracking set up Dave. Hope it works out for you.

Not been able to use my ZS66 for a lot of imaging whilst in NZ but it seems to have very little CA. Hardly any different to the SW ED80, and that's a slower FR. For a travel scope the ZS66 has surprised me with the quality of its optics.

I look forward to your report once you've used the set up in anger.

8)

MD

Archived