Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Polemaster on Pi4 using Astroberry (NOW WORKING)

TerryMcK

I have Astroberry server running ok on a Raspberry Pi4. I have tried to get the PoleMaster to run on this following the instructions from QHY https://www.qhyccd.com/index.php?m=content&c=index&a=show&catid=30&id=223

When I run up the PoleMaster from the CLI using sudo PoleMaster I get PoleMaster: error while loading shared libraries: libopencv_core.so.2.4: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Looking in /usr/bin/Polemaster the file is present. 1.2M -rw-r--r-- 1 pi   pi    1.2M Dec 14  2018 libopencv_imgproc.so.2.4

Here are the results of a filtered ldconfig -v

astroberry@astroberry:/usr/bin/PoleMaster $ sudo ldconfig -v | grep -i libopencv_core.so    
ldconfig: Can't stat /usr/local/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf: No such file or directory
ldconfig: Path `/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf' given more than once
ldconfig: Path `/usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf' given more than once
ldconfig: /lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/ld-2.28.so is the dynamic linker, ignoring

ldconfig: file /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libsbig.so.4 is truncated

ldconfig: file /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libsbig.so is truncated

ldconfig: Cannot stat /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libmca_common_ofi.so: No such file or directory
ldconfig: file /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libsbig.so.4.9.9 is truncated

To troubleshoot I have installed libopencv-dev but still get the same error. Anybody else seen this on the Pi 4?

Maybe PoleMaster will not run on the Pi4?

Edited by TerryMcK

Yes it appears as Astroberry uses Raspbian so the software package from QHY CCD for Polemaster does indeed only seem to run on Ubuntu Mate - I omitted to read the first half of their instructions on their website which talked about burning an image of MATE. Oh well .... polar align using Winders and everything else automated using Ekos. The law of Sod - until some bright spark (not me!) ports it to Raspbian.

Building an observatory and having the scope permanently aligned is a long way down the road so that isn't an option either.

• 5 months later...
On 18/02/2020 at 13:30, TerryMcK said:

I just had a brainwave and did a google. I found a compiled version for Raspbian of libopencv_2.4.11.deb.zip from this website https://github.com/Nolaan/libopencv_24

I installed it into /usr/local/lib and bingo PoleMaster now works on Astroberry - problem solved

Hello TerrYMcK,

I just started with astroberry on a Raspberry Pi 4, and installed Polemaster. I ran into the same problem as you did, and your post was very helpful. Unfortunately I run into an other problem; it complained about the libz.so.1 library version (it wants libz.so.1.2.9; after havinfg installed it in /usr/local/lib and then changed the symbolic link in /lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libz.so.1 to it, I now get a "Segmentation fault"

Back tracing with gdb gives this:

Core was generated by `./PoleMaster'.
Program terminated with signal SIGSEGV, Segmentation fault.
#0  0x00000000 in ?? ()
(gdb) bt
#0  0x00000000 in ?? ()
#1  0xb2d8ebde in dlsym () from libdl.so.2
#2  0xb261ced0 in ?? () from /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libGLdispatch.so.0
Backtrace stopped: previous frame identical to this frame (corrupt stack?)

Any idea what my options are?

Thanks for your help,

AstroRookie

Edited by AstroRookie

Unfortunately not. I actually gave up on using the Polemaster with the PI as it only appeared to work until the point where it says, move Polaris into the highlighted area. The highlighted area, a circle, rarely appeared. I have seen this on the AppleMac version of the software too. So I actually use a Windows laptop just to polar align now using the Windows Polemaster software.

I use the Pi for everything else.

14 hours ago, TerryMcK said:

Unfortunately not. I actually gave up on using the Polemaster with the PI as it only appeared to work until the point where it says, move Polaris into the highlighted area. The highlighted area, a circle, rarely appeared. I have seen this on the AppleMac version of the software too. So I actually use a Windows laptop just to polar align now using the Windows Polemaster software.

I use the Pi for everything else.

Hello TerryMcK,

thanks for the info; I'll give it up as well. Concerning the behaviour on OS X, I have experienced the same, but not on a regular basis. So, guess I'll have to continue aligning with my Macbook.  Windows is not an option.

Kind regards,

AstroRookie

• Like 1