Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Red Light LED Torch

I've had several red lights of various types, but the one I keep returning to is a small hand-held one from Inova. It's small, which I like, and red light only, but packs a real punch, excellent brightness on first setting, which you can tone down by clicking again going to the next setting. It surpasses by far the red light I have on my Petzl headtorch by quite some margin, and the batteries last for absolutely ages. You can buy the Inova red light torch from Amazon where it's listed as 'Inova Microlight Keyring Torch'.  

Thanks everyone for all your recommendations, it’s given me a fair idea of what’s Available  out there.

20 hours ago, Alan White said:

Rigel Starlite, i have had many, this is the one other than a head-torch I have kept.
I did a review on here:

Purchased from as FLO did not stock them.

https://www.365astronomy.com/Rigel-StarLite-RED-Water-Resistant-Flashlight-with-Brightness-Control.html

Great review Alan, nice to see the visual comparisons. Thanks for posting.

17 hours ago, Philip R said:

I have used rear cycle lights from the £1 shops in the past. 

what if they “brake”? Sorry, couldn’t resist! 

On 10/02/2020 at 09:23, Martin-Devon said:

I've had several red lights of various types, but the one I keep returning to is a small hand-held one from Inova. It's small, which I like, and red light only, but packs a real punch, excellent brightness on first setting, which you can tone down by clicking again going to the next setting. It surpasses by far the red light I have on my Petzl headtorch by quite some margin, and the batteries last for absolutely ages. You can buy the Inova red light torch from Amazon where it's listed as 'Inova Microlight Keyring Torch'.  

I have one of these knobs microlight it's really good 

Edited by Neil H