Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Camera upgrade...

paul mc c

1 hour ago, tooth_dr said:

Good question Paul, having progressed from a Canon 40d to a CCD myself.  Which of your scopes are you thinking of using most?  The main issue with be maintaining that nice big FOV.

It will mostly be used with the 80ed.

55 minutes ago, happy-kat said:

Is it that your thoughts are the camera is your current weak link in your imaging.

Are you guiding.

How are your precessing skills.

Have you maxed out what you can get from what you have already.

You know,you have probably answered my questions with that post.....camera is good for me to be honest,i am guiding,and processing skills are not good,and i am sure i can do a lot more with what i have got........probably all this cloud is giving me cabin fever and giving me to much time on the for sale sections 😱.

3 hours ago, paul mc c said:

Maybe £ 400 tops really,and it would have to be a used model at this price.

I think that £400 wont get you into cooled camera territory.  £600-800 would get you a significant upgrade in the used market though.   If mono then factor in filter wheel and filters etc.  

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, tooth_dr said:

I think that £400 wont get you into cooled camera territory.  £600-800 would get you a significant upgrade in the used market though.   If mono then factor in filter wheel and filters etc.  

Your right Adam.......i think i will just content my self with what i have for now.....and see what happens in the future,definitely this is a hobby that can put a man in financial ruin, lol.

• Like 1

I have a zwo 183 mc pro ( 84 % QE) where a typical modified dslr is around 40-50% . I too used a 450d but made the jump to cmos. You`ll never go back!!! I`m considering selling it though as i`m looking to go down the mono route.

Regards

Alan

Cone and Fox fur final image.jpg

• Like 1