Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

APT not connecting

mark skelton

Last  session that  I had (3 nights ago) I went outside got my laptop powered up and usb connected, powered up the mount. Then started stellarium got that connected to the mount via ascom no problem, then I started up APT then I connected my camera, focuser and the filterwheel all 3 connected ok. When I went to connect APT to the mount I get an audible msg. saying mount disconnect yet the mount was not connected to APT in the first place. I tried the HEQ5/6, porth and the generic options but no luck. Any ideas on what I could do.

6 minutes ago, mark skelton said:

Last  session that  I had (3 nights ago) I went outside got my laptop powered up and usb connected, powered up the mount. Then started stellarium got that connected to the mount via ascom no problem, then I started up APT then I connected my camera, focuser and the filterwheel all 3 connected ok. When I went to connect APT to the mount I get an audible msg. saying mount disconnect yet the mount was not connected to APT in the first place. I tried the HEQ5/6, porth and the generic options but no luck. Any ideas on what I could do.

Try running APT in administrator mode. 

Don't run anything in Administrator mode, as you could well have other issues with connecting everything together. 

Double check all cable connections, & see if they show up in device manager.

Edited by Dr_Ju_ju

3 minutes ago, Anthonyexmouth said:

Right click on the APT icon, then click compatibility then the check box run as administrator. you may only have to run it as administrator once and then uncheck the box. 

Ok cheers I give this a try tomorrow too much cloud tonight.

11 minutes ago, Dr_Ju_ju said:

Don't run anything in Administrator mode, as you could well have other issues with connecting everything together. 

Double check all cable connections, & see if they show up in device manager.

I thought about the cable connections all ok but then I did state that I got stellarium connected.

Ok just been out to the scope connected laptop to scope then started APT (admin mode) click on scope connect, scope connected no problem so far. Then I started up stellarium. When I went to connect stellarium to mount EQMOD come up with com port error. looks like I'm able to connect either APT or stellarium to mount but not both.

1 hour ago, mark skelton said:

Ok just been out to the scope connected laptop to scope then started APT (admin mode) click on scope connect, scope connected no problem so far. Then I started up stellarium. When I went to connect stellarium to mount EQMOD come up with com port error. looks like I'm able to connect either APT or stellarium to mount but not both.

check the baud rate in eqmod. make sure its 9600 . have you got the lastest stellarium? are you connecting to heq5 ascom?

can you post a screen shot when you get the error? ALT+PRT SCR  on the active error window then CTRL+V when typing here to paste the screen shot. 

Also, not APT has connected once, try unticking the admin mode and try again. 

Edited by Anthonyexmouth

36 minutes ago, Anthonyexmouth said:

check the baud rate in eqmod. make sure its 9600 . have you got the lastest stellarium? are you connecting to heq5 ascom?

can you post a screen shot when you get the error? ALT+PRT SCR  on the active error window then CTRL+V when typing here to paste the screen shot. 

Also, not APT has connected once, try unticking the admin mode and try again. 

I've gone back out to scope, yes the baud is 9600 stellarium -latest. This time I laptop connected to scope started apt and connected to scope. with stellarium I right clicked and run as administrator started it up then nclicked on scope connect. this time both APT and stellarium are now connected. Now when I'm on stellarium I sellect a star say Arcturus (n.w.) and select centre on the mount move on both axis to centre on the star no problems there. When I do the same with APT then select goto the mount slews to arcturus and stellarium does show the mount centred on the star.. so looks like all sorted now thanks for the help.

2 minutes ago, mark skelton said:

I've gone back out to scope, yes the baud is 9600 stellarium -latest. This time I laptop connected to scope started apt and connected to scope. with stellarium I right clicked and run as administrator started it up then nclicked on scope connect. this time both APT and stellarium are now connected. Now when I'm on stellarium I sellect a star say Arcturus (n.w.) and select centre on the mount move on both axis to centre on the star no problems there. When I do the same with APT then select goto the mount slews to arcturus and stellarium does show the mount centred on the star.. so looks like all sorted now thanks for the help.

These things sometimes need admin mode to get the config sorted, mostly only needs it as a one shot deal. Try unticking the admin mode and see if it still works. 

25 minutes ago, Anthonyexmouth said:

These things sometimes need admin mode to get the config sorted, mostly only needs it as a one shot deal. Try unticking the admin mode and see if it still works. 

I'll try that next time I get connected up