NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Eq6r pro controlling with laptop and stelarium

Why do you need a usb serial cable? My HC has a USB connector - so any old "printer" USB cable would connect PC to HC. There is a Direct or Passthru mode in the HC to control the mount.

9 hours ago, SimM said:

Why do you need a usb serial cable? My HC has a USB connector - so any old "printer" USB cable would connect PC to HC. There is a Direct or Passthru mode in the HC to control the mount.

It's much better to connect directly to the mount. minimise connections and cables. 

• 11 months later...

Well if it's of any consolation, I'm having all the same issues. My EQ6-R PRO mount has a USB port, which should, according to FLO and SKY-WATCHER, be able to control the mount. After many many tutorial videos, none actually using the usb lead, I got it to move but stopped after a minute. 

I've noticed a lot of 'help' on here starts very in-depth, quoting lead types and plugs and what not. For a complete beginner that is just really off putting. People should remember that there was a time when you didn't know anything and what beginners need is slow precise instructions, call it an idiot guide if you must. 

28 minutes ago, Happysolderer said:

Well if it's of any consolation, I'm having all the same issues. My EQ6-R PRO mount has a USB port, which should, according to FLO and SKY-WATCHER, be able to control the mount. After many many tutorial videos, none actually using the usb lead, I got it to move but stopped after a minute. 

I've noticed a lot of 'help' on here starts very in-depth, quoting lead types and plugs and what not. For a complete beginner that is just really off putting. People should remember that there was a time when you didn't know anything and what beginners need is slow precise instructions, call it an idiot guide if you must. 

This video may be helpful

• Like 1