Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Phd2 ra error?

Calzune

13 minutes ago, Ken82 said:

Running guide assistant for a few minutes and accepting the results would be a good start. Need to really look at your calibration as well 

I ran it for about 5 min before taking this pic.. And it did some adjustments. But maybe I have to do it for a longer time? 

Hard to say anything from screenshots, a PHD2 Log that includes a Cal and Guide Assistant run could be instructive.

But from the screenshot, there might be a high frequency component to your RA Periodic Error, or it could be too fast exposure that is "chasing the seeing".

Michael

14 hours ago, michael8554 said:

Hard to say anything from screenshots, a PHD2 Log that includes a Cal and Guide Assistant run could be instructive.

But from the screenshot, there might be a high frequency component to your RA Periodic Error, or it could be too fast exposure that is "chasing the seeing".

Michael

I use 2s exposure on the guidecam

Edited by Calzune

6 hours ago, newbie alert said:

Looks like both axis to me..are you pretty well balanced? On both axis?

It's balanced, but I have a very light scope so it's hard to notice any difference if I adjust it forwards or backwards..