Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Meade 4000 eypieces

Hello "vermastar"

I have a Meade 4000 series 2" x 32mm Multi Coated, Super Wide Angle eyepiece, wich is a superb piece of glass. Good eye relief, Wide Field of view, and crisp images. Works very well with my 8" Orion f4.5 Newt, and the Intes MK-66 Maksutov.

I also have a Meade 26mm Multi Coated Super Plossl (1.25") - I don't know if it's of the 4000 range, but I can say that it too is a very, very good low power eyepiec, with a comfortable eye relief, and a reasonable wide field of view. It's one of my most used eyepieces. Based on it's quality, I would definately buy more "Meades" as and when they come up for sale here.

Regards,

philsail1

Regards,

I have the Meade series 4000 eyepiece set that comes free with certain Meade scopes and I have used the 40mm , 32mm,15mm and the 12.4 mm and I must say with my limited experience can find very little wrong with them and suppliers like Telescope House sell the 4000 range for very reasonable prices , and I just saw on there site they have 10% of everything this weekend making the 4000 eyepiece set around £200.

Vlebo

I have a complete set of Meade 4000 oculars. I must say they are pretty good for the money. Eye relief is a bit of an issue with the shorter focal lengths <15mm (common to all Plossls) but, that said, I got very pleasing views of the moon the other night with the 6.4mm, though I had to move my eye around to see the whole field of view. As general purpose eyepieces I rate them quite highly. I have recently acquired of couple of Meade 5000 Plossl eyepieces. These are 5 element design (compared to the 4 of the 4000 series). They seem to offer a noticeably sharper view and the eye relief is better. These can be picked up quite cheaply second hand too and are well worth the money IMHO - my 14mm only cost £30 - bargain.

I've acquired a complete set of Meade 4000 EPs, bought in pairs or individually from ebay. I've also got the meade 2x and 3x barlows. I rarely do any visual observing, but when I do the 26mm and the 15mm are my favourites. I've also the 25mm SW eyepiece that came with my ST80. For me it does not compare to the Meade 26mm EP. I also got two EPs with my ED80 Pro2 scope, they look pretty good, but sadly they are still in the box unused :(

Archived