Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Image download issue with SGP

tomato

With a hint of clear sky tonight I have been trying to progress using SGP to control my image capture process. I have got everything connected (Moravian G2-8300 camera) and can run an error free sequence, the problem is when I view the downloaded and saved sub images, they have vertical bright columns emanating from the brighter stars. I took another frame of the same exposure time using the Moravian SIPS software, this looks fine with no artifacts.

I have checked that SGP is downloading the data in the low noise option, and I have checked that the 240V AC power cable which runs through the same conduit to the dome as the usb cables is off.

Any thoughts/ideas would be greatly appreciated.

M45-1SGP.jpg

M45SIPS_2019-11-26_19-57-58_Luminance_0000.jpg

They are the same exposure times so I don’t think it is saturation. Also the same cable so that is strange.

However, when powering down (the clouds returned) I did note that the on scope voltage display was only reading 12.1 v when the Peltier cooler was switching in on the camera. At that voltage, maybe download artefacts are being created (but why only with SGP?). I can try upping the volts a little on the next session?

Steve, I haven’t yet posted on the forum, I still am on the free 45 day trial. I was hoping someone on SGL may have encountered this. However, if no joy here I will try the forum. I’ve only recently downloaded the software, I think it is v 3.0.3.169.