NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Granddaughters school project

wookie1965

13 minutes ago, Marvin Jenkins said:

Good job it’s not the month of May. Five bank holidays! Imagine the heavens halting for five days in one month! Would put Stellarium in a twist for sure.

love May great like today was a bank holiday to respect the …. and yes 11 nov another bank holiday  

10 minutes ago, Helen said:

You can make a neat rocket with a film cannister, a bit of water and half an Alka seltzer (or soluble vitamin tablet or sterident) 😉

Helen

Helen why only half you got to go the whole hog? the bigger the effect the better

Edited by fozzybear
english getting worse

26 minutes ago, fozzybear said:

Helen why only half you got to go the whole hog? the bigger the effect the better

The pressure sets the cap off before even half the Alka seltzer dissolves, so there's no point using more 😉

I agree with rockets being better when bigger though 😁

I've got a cool compressed air rocket launcher, which fires paper rockets surprisingly high (see previous star party pics).  I've now bought an extra attachment to launch bottles  partially filled with water.  That's a bigger bang, and a bit wet 🤗

Helen

• Like 1

we have a rocket at work for cleaning out steel tubing and rebris from within me and my facing colleague about 15metres away like a petrol pump nozzle  yet filled with what ever we can find and fire at each other at 100 psi (stupid kids) passes the day, the best was a milky way hit him right on the noggin (head) don't worry he lived and ate the said chocolate bar don't tell HSE.....

Edited by fozzybear
  • Haha 1

36 minutes ago, fozzybear said:

we have a rocket at work for cleaning out steel tubing and rebris from within me and my facing colleague about 15metres away like a petrol pump nozzle  yet filled with what ever we can find and fire at each other at 100 psi (stupid kids) passes the day, the best was a milky way hit him right on the noggin (head) don't worry he lived and ate the said chocolate bar don't tell HSE.....

Why do I have a sudden vision of you re-enacting the fight scene from the end of Bennie Hill's "Ernie"?

James

• Haha 1

A battle every day at work with the older folk... stuck in the old days... but get one with the banter.. give and take. my boss says give it back (laughts) french frog roast beef etc ..  old timers  for you...….

Edited by fozzybear