SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Couple of NINA questions

blinky

Hi Folks,

I just downloaded NINA and have to say it looks pretty darn good!  I'm an SGPro user so not totally convinced I will move over as I just paid for SGPro a few months ago but no harm in looking at it.....

Right then, my questions:

In Sky Atlas it does not display images, how do I get it to show images?  I've picked Andromeda, clicked search can then see all the targets (really like this feature!) but each target just says 'no image available'

I have the SGPro plate solving software, PlateSolve 2 - but its specific to SGPro, will this work with NINA?

Blind Solve, I have the local ANSVR thingy installed, how do I use this with NINA?

It looks a cracking app, but from what I have seen, needs somebody to create a little setup guide to get these sort of things configured

Just now, blinky said:

Right, found the Sky Atlas - you need to download it from the main download page on the NINA site, scroll to the bottom and there is a link to a 1Gb file

Exactly and then point to where ever you extract the files to here:

https://nighttime-imaging.eu/docs/master/site/tabs/options/general/

(Look at 6. )

:)

Generally its a good idea to be on the Discord server for fast help if you need it, it is quite a good little community these days.

Otherwise I will try and answer any questions you have, as I am an avid user and fan of NINA.

10 minutes ago, blinky said:

I just downloaded NINA and have to say it looks pretty darn good!  I'm an SGPro user so not totally convinced I will move over as I just paid for SGPro a few months ago but no harm in looking at it.....

I too am a sgpro user. I have downloaded and installed NINA and am planning to give it a go when I change over my scope. To me it looks pretty much just like sgpro but I really do like the fact that the image list actually shows you details and images. I find sgpro very slow to download this info and not as slick.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, jjosefsen said:

Exactly and then point to where ever you extract the files to here:

https://nighttime-imaging.eu/docs/master/site/tabs/options/general/

(Look at 6. )

:)

Generally its a good idea to be on the Discord server for fast help if you need it, it is quite a good little community these days.

Otherwise I will try and answer any questions you have, as I am an avid user and fan of NINA.

OK, will have a look over there - for now though, how do I set it up to use the local ANSVR plate solver? When I look in the settings in SGPro it uses the localhost address but NINA seems to want a directory and do I need to install another version of PlateSolve 2?

4 hours ago, blinky said:

OK, will have a look over there - for now though, how do I set it up to use the local ANSVR plate solver? When I look in the settings in SGPro it uses the localhost address but NINA seems to want a directory and do I need to install another version of PlateSolve 2?

No you can just point it to the install directory of PS2 / ASTAP / ASPS / Etc..

Personally I use ASTAP for nearfield solving (it is the fastests solver I have tried) and ASPS for the rare blind solve.

• 10 months later...

Hi all

Resurrecting this a bit.

I've installed NINA and put the graphics library in place and made the entry in the Options page - but I still don't see the images in the Sky Atlas section.

Any ideas ?

Thanks

Nick

Explore Scientific ED127 CF fcd100, Skywatcher AZ-EQ6, Canon 600d (unmodded), Primaluce Lab Eagle Core & 60mm Guidescope with QHY 5L-II mono

• 4 weeks later...