Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

NGC7822 In two palettes

carastro

Following a huge storm in the afternoon at Kelling, including torrential rain, thunder and lightning, and hailstones, we had a few clear hours in the evening.

Dual rig:

ED80/Atik460EX
WO Zs71/Atik428EX

Total Ha 19 x 600secs half and half 7nm and 3nm Baader filters
Oiii 6 x 300
Sii 5 x 300

Total 4 hours 5mins
Mapped HOS

This is a CROP in HOS

spacer.png

Followed by the full frame in Hubble Palette:

spacer.png

• Like 15

Nicely done Carole, thank goodness you got a bit of decent weather between the rubbish.

Just been having a tussle with my dual rig, worked fine a couple of weeks ago, tonight nothing wanted to work.

Dave

• Sad 1

10 hours ago, carastro said:

This is a CROP in HOS

spacer.png

Great image, Carole. I think I like this version best. You could even go for a tighter crop, removing the bottom bright stars, and some of the left and top. Imo, the data can take it. 

• Like 1

Thanks every-one.

I think I like this version best. You could even go for a tighter crop, removing the bottom bright stars, and some of the left and top. Imo, the data can take it. 

The more I look at them the more I am liking this version best too as it shows the surrounding nebulosity more clearly.   However a bigger crop would chop that off - lol.

Carole