SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

IC434 - M42

Adreneline

Came down at 4.15 a.m. to put the scope away after imaging the Cygnus region and spotted Orion lingering over the house tops next to the moon. I couldn't resist giving it a quick go so this is 12 x 30s of Ha, OIII and SII and 12 x 60s of Ha, calibrated and stacked in APP, processed in PI and combined in PixelMath and colour tweaked in PS.

34696510_IC434-M42-5h5s3h7ooLevelsDfine.thumb.jpg.87aa74d2e7b496a57cc023a689e5cea8.jpg

Taken with a Samyang 135mm with ASI1600MM-Pro, unguided on a iOptron CEM25-EC.

Thanks for looking.

Adrian

• Like 11

8 minutes ago, Adreneline said:

Came down at 4.15 a.m. to put the scope away after imaging the Cygnus region and spotted Orion lingering over the house tops next to the moon. I couldn't resist giving it a quick go so this is 12 x 30s of Ha, OIII and SII and 12 x 60s of Ha, calibrated and stacked in APP, processed in PI and combined in PixelMath and colour tweaked in PS.

34696510_IC434-M42-5h5s3h7ooLevelsDfine.thumb.jpg.87aa74d2e7b496a57cc023a689e5cea8.jpg

Taken with a Samyang 135mm with ASI1600MM-Pro, unguided on a iOptron CEM25-EC.

Thanks for looking.

Adrian

I’m blown away by how good this for so little data.  Great processing and worthwhile shooting at 4am 👍🏼👍🏼

5 minutes ago, tooth_dr said:

I’m blown away by how good this for so little data.  Great processing and worthwhile shooting at 4am

Thanks Adam for the kind comments.

I'm sure APP is really good for calibrating and integrating. I never use any outlier rejection because I am sure that although it might remove things you don't want it can also aggressively remove perfectly good data if you're not careful. So I stack everything and sort out the cosmetics later. I try to keep noise reduction to an absolute minimum and resist stretching the data too much. The Samyang is a great photon hoover and it's amazing what it does when combined with the ASI1600.

Adrian

• Like 1

Both an excellent photo and an excellent effort to get a new object underway at 4'something in the morning...!!!!....   

I usually have trouble turning the alarm off at that time.  I would have waited 2 months for it to rise a tad earlier.

• Thanks 1