Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

M33 LRGB

HunterHarling

This image is still a WIP as I want to add Ha data. I'm pleased with the result so far though, this is really a great target. One thing I found really interesting is that there are several green nebulae in m33 which I am used to seeing as red. Does anyone know why this is? It looks like OIII.

M33LRGB.thumb.jpg.b977f358fc42d1c2bf7f8fd41374e95b.jpg

And here are some of the OIII nebulae:

OIII2.jpg.df1972fa6bd7df536ee5c1aa9fbd419e.jpgOIII1.jpg.92f72d346d1afc866042b442b0cf0656.jpg

L: 60x300s

RGB: 50x300s each

ASI 1600

FSQ106

Thanks for looking :) 

• Like 8

Very nice image there, I hope to be having a go at this soon, I have imaged it before but not guided, who know I may even do it with my 071, which I have put on the self as I am not friends with it at the moment, not the camera, me and software.

Alan

• Like 1

Great result, Lovely framing and processing. Regarding your observations on the green nebulae, I had a go at M33 last season in LRGB, using Baader filters and a CCD camera, see attached. It had less total integration time but a larger aperture refractor. I captured the individual nebulae on my image but they turned out distinctly blue. On other images I have looked at they appear white to pink, or blue/green. Very interesting, I must  go back and look at my processing.

1E7DED9B-4FA2-49C7-8AC5-7321AC39B1F9.jpeg

• Like 2