Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

How much can a Skywatcher crayford take ?.

John

This much:

10744_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

31mm Nagler + 1.6x 2" Antares Barlow. Hats off to Skywatcher though - the focusser was still smooth and there was no drooping as far as I could tell.

V. nice views as well :)

John

The ep is bigger than some scopes!!! Heres to quality!

When I was researching this eyepiece I found myself thinking "why so big and heavy ?" - so I made a few enquires and found that the lenses in the upper part of the eyepiece (which are all made from ED type glass) are around 80mm in diameter. The field lens (the last one at the bottom of the eyepiece) is a full 48mm across. With 6 large and expensive glass elements to figure and mount and all the carefull machining and baffling to ensure that glare is more or less non-existent, then the full multicoating of all glass-air surfaces, the eyepiece is bound to be big and heavy and perhaps that, at least to some extent, explains the cost as well.

John

Archived