Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

MarsG76

Jupiter & Saturn - 17 August 2019

Hello All,

Sharing with you my best images of Jupiter and Saturn for this year.

I haven't had the luck of a High Pressure system with no wind speed yet, but on the 17th it was as close as I had for planetary this Jupiter/Saturn season.

Not my best images of the gas giants ever but ok IMO.

I'm happy to see that the GRS seems to be repairing itself, last time I imaged Jupiter, the border around the GRS looked like it was breaking up so perhaps it'll be around long enough for my kids to see in the eyepiece.

Captured at f33. Images consist of  the best 15% frames from 13x60sec @ 60fps for Jupiter and 13x120s @ 30fps for Saturn, derotated in WinJupos.

Clear Skies,

MG

2019-08-17-1242_0-LAB-Jupiter.jpg

2019-08-17-1339_7-LAB-Saturn.jpg

• Like 9

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Dantooine
      Looked out the window and some gaps in cloud showed planets. Excited I set up ASAP out facing south. (It’s been a while). 

Put a moon filter on my 4.7E and aimed at Jupiter. I thought I had a bit of dust on the lens but carried on anyway.  

I could only see 2 moons. The longer I looked it became evident That the dust was black and realised as steady views came it was one of the moons moving across the disc. First time I have seen this so very pleased. Also almost touching the planet to the left I could see another moon appears the longer I look.
      Moved to Saturn and things were a little wobbly but once it settled I could see the planets shadow on the back of the rings.
      Mars was now above my hedge and at 150x I could see dark patches on the lower half and brightness at the top so maybe I was seeing ice at last. Very small but very nice to see at random opportunity. All in all well worth the dashing setup. I can go to bed happy with what I have seen. 
    • By Starbuddypal
      I'm trying to get a photo of Jupiter and Saturn with my Nikon D3000 DSLR but I can't get anything clear. I attached the kind of photos I'm getting with my camera. They end up being too bright and no distinguishable features show up. Is it even possible for my Nikon to get photos of planetary objects like Saturn and Jupiter?

• By MarsG76
      Jupiter with two of its moons, Ganymede and Callisto, imaged with a Skyris 618C CCD through a 8" SCT at f33.
    • By MarsG76
      Hello
      Just sharing my latest Jupiter image.... Jupiter with two of its moons, Ganymede and Callisto, imaged with a Skyris 618C CCD through a 8" SCT at f33.
      Jupiter imaged taken on 17 July 2020 @ 15:56UTC.
      CS,
      MG

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.