SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Astro Photo printing Sevice

Hello,

I am wanting to print out some of my images, so have been looking around online at the many printing services here in the UK and was wondering if anyone can recomend a good one, the photos are only going to be 6x4 or 7x5 and are for personal use, so no need for a top professional service.

Thanks in advance

Neil

I used Bonusprint. I had a Photobook made. I thought It was quite expensive, even with the discount. But I am happy with the service and images. Although I have since seen cheaper and better options.

The version I chose at Bonusprint was just images. I had to write on the image any details I wanted as there was no option to write onDave the page itself. I have since found other shops offer a version that one can add notes along side etc.

There are a few photo processing shops out there. Check pricing and look for discounts. They are always having discounts.

Either way, I hope you find a good shop and are pleased with your photos, once printed!

Dave

Many thanks for your replies gents, I will certainly give Photobox a try, I have also had a look at Snapfish as they are currently offering 20 free 6"x4" prints if you sign up with them.

So I will give both them & Photobox a try and let you know how I get on.

Many thanks

Neil

Hello,

Just got my first set of 6x4 Astro prints back from Snapfish in a gloss finish and I have to say I am impressed as they are  looking exactly the same as the digital versions.

I am now just waiting for the 6x4 Matt versions and a 10x8 of the Orion Nebula.

They are also offering 50 free 6x4 prints each month if you download their APP and order them through that, all you have to pay is the postage, which for a standard delivery of 5 working days only cost £3.49, so I have ordered 50 non Astronomy images from my phone to see how they look.

Regards

Neil

I've used Snapfish for several prints including a 30" poster. They have a service here in the US where you can get them printed locally at a pharmacy or other places that print photos and pick them up same day. I will say that those printers are not all of the same quality. I sent one image off recently to a couple different places to compare quality. One came back all blown out while the other one came back looking much closer to the digital image. I had also ordered the same print from Snapfish delivery service and it was also blown out.

If you have the local same-day pickup places, you might try a few of them with the same file and see how they do.

I've used various services, and most of the time they are pretty good. If you can though, it's worthwhile getting the printer preview proof settings for your editing application, and then you can 'view' the image on screen as it's expected to print. I found a couple showed as being much darker than expected.