Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Jupiter & Saturn 14-07-2019

U Cyg

Images from 14-07-2019.

Jupiter with oval BA and Callisto at 2112UT.

spacer.png

Jupiter with GRS rotating onto the disc & Callisto 2154UT

spacer.png

Jupiter with GRS, Callisto & Io just reappearing after eclipse 2222UT.

spacer.png

Saturn 14-07-2019 2304UT.

spacer.png

Angie

• Like 8

Peter & Tom, thank you for the comments.

Tom, I use a Celestron 8se OTA mounted on a basic EQ5 with dual axis motors, ASI224, ZWO ADC & the lens from a cheapo 2x barlow. 

I image from a small balcony, so this year is not so good as the lower edge of the scope is obscured by the balcony rail! 😞

Angie

3 hours ago, U Cyg said:

Peter & Tom, thank you for the comments.

Tom, I use a Celestron 8se OTA mounted on a basic EQ5 with dual axis motors, ASI224, ZWO ADC & the lens from a cheapo 2x barlow. 

I image from a small balcony, so this year is not so good as the lower edge of the scope is obscured by the balcony rail! 😞

Angie

Amazing results for a  modest aperture scope especially if only using a budget barlow!

And I'm also intrigued how you manage to polar align if youre working from a balcony and looking south to Jupiter - that puts the pole star somewhere in your living room, no?!

• Haha 1

🤣   Actually, years ago I painted a line on the balcony from the shadow of the Sun at midday,
placed the tripod over it, then drift aligned the mount. I also made marks where the tripod feet sit. Nowadays I don't bother to drift align any more as I can keep the planets in the roi with a bit of adjustment.

• Like 1