Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Oklop Padded bag for Celestron C9.25 OTA's

I’ve taken delivery of an Oklop "Padded bag’n’backpack for SC9.25 tubes". The good news is that it’s very well made of top quality fabric and the zips are excellent. It's easy and quick to get the OTA in and out of and it holds the OTA snugly, with padding all round the tube
The only problem is that the C.95 tube doesn’t fit in with the 9x50 finder in place. This is a standard Celestron finder supplied with the OTA. Probably a 6 x 30 finder would be OK, but that’s not what I have.
Nevertheless, for my purposes (carrying to public events on the back seat of the car) it’s fine because I can leave the finder in place in a way that it sticks out from the zipped compartment as shown in the pic. The OTA fits in with the 2-inch diagonal in place, which is a reduces assembly time.

IMG_5687.JPG

IMG_5688.JPG

• Like 3

Looks like a nice bag. Quite stylish!

A while back I bought this one https://www.astroshop.eu/carrying-bags/oklop-padded-bag-for-small-telescopes/p,56169

For the price it's great. Initially purchased to hold an Explorer 130PS, AZ5 mount head and alu legs plus accessories.

Now it contains an ST120, AZ5 and steel legs. There's no chance of me swinging it around any more, but the bag is coping with the weight.

• 2 weeks later...
On 07/07/2019 at 09:45, JeremyS said:

I’ve taken delivery of an Oklop "Padded bag’n’backpack for SC9.25 tubes". The good news is that it’s very well made of top quality fabric and the zips are excellent. It's easy and quick to get the OTA in and out of and it holds the OTA snugly, with padding all round the tube
The only problem is that the C.95 tube doesn’t fit in with the 9x50 finder in place. This is a standard Celestron finder supplied with the OTA. Probably a 6 x 30 finder would be OK, but that’s not what I have.
Nevertheless, for my purposes (carrying to public events on the back seat of the car) it’s fine because I can leave the finder in place in a way that it sticks out from the zipped compartment as shown in the pic. The OTA fits in with the 2-inch diagonal in place, which is a reduces assembly time.

IMG_5687.JPG

IMG_5688.JPG

I have several of the oklop bags and they are great value I have one for my AZEQ6 GT mount head a tripod bag and weight bag 

• 6 months later...
On 17/07/2019 at 17:08, garryblueboy said:

I have several of the oklop bags and they are great value I have one for my AZEQ6 GT mount head a tripod bag and weight bag 

Can you please advise which Oklop bag takes the Az-EQ6 Pro mount? I have just bought the new model, but i think they are identical in size?

The shipping foam measures 50x48x25cm

Thanks