SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Eastern Veil - First Light Esprit 100

Aidan

I'm a bit pleased at the moment!

Considering this was first light with my new Esprit 100... I i didnt expect to be actually imaging last night.. Just testing and adjusting was all i thought i would achieve.

The scope setup worked like a charm from the outset.. Even the spacing for the flattener was perfect.. Never seen CCD Inspector return such good figures!

Also, it i had a Quadband 2" filter in the image train... I really did think i was pushing my luck, but things seemed to have worked out nicely.

16 x 300s Subs
Stacked in PI - BPP with Darks & Flats
Processed in PI and finished on in PS

Cant wait to see how it improves with some more subs

light_BINNING_1_integration_ABE.jpg

Edited by Aidan
  • Like 26

Thanks Steve, that’s a very nice compliment.   Considering the battles I’ve had in the past with OSC, flatteners and tilt, to have things work as well as this on first light is nothing more than a miracle in my eyes!

I am just keeping my fingers crossed that this was not just a fluke!  I think I mentioned that my previous experience with OSC was never good, so it was a bit of a gamble to try again...  😊

I took the risk with the 071 as i knew that if it didnt work out, its resale value would be quite high..  So that mitigated a bit.   My skies are about Bortle 6..  And i have a street light about 10ft away!   Which is about 90 degrees off to the left when imaging the veil.   So certainly not ideal by any means

• Like 1