Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Hello All,

I was going through some of my old subs, looking at which subs I have processed and finished with to delete as I'm starting to fill up all of my HDDs. I came across the subs for this beauty that I exposed during March & April 2018.

This image of The Statue of Liberty & Giant Molecular Cloud was imaged in narrowband (SII, HII & OIII) using a full spectrum modded Canon 40D DSLR through a 8" SCT @ f6.3 (1280mm focal length).

The "Statue of Liberty" is right 1/3 of the frame, vertical center... once seen can not be unseen 😉

Clear Skies,

MG

NGC3603 SHO MarApr2018 Frm.jpg

• Like 12

14 minutes ago, laser_jock99 said:

Never seen that one before- nice!

It's another southern sky object.. I noticed it the eyepiece, or more accurately noticed a thicker and denser area, and decided to point the imaging scope towards it and ended up with these subs.. it wasn't until much later that I realised thast it also has the "Statue of Liberty" nebula in the frame.... I'll have to image the "SoL" in the future at 2000mm for a close up.

• Like 1

I see the statue of liberty sticking up on the right--and down below her, protruding to teh left from the lowest bright spot beneath her I see the Scream face, or a gargoylish troglodytic creature that looks like its about to eat a bright str!

Rodd

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Rodd said:

I see the statue of liberty sticking up on the right--and down below her, protruding to teh left from the lowest bright spot beneath her I see the Scream face, or a gargoylish troglodytic creature that looks like its about to eat a bright str!

Rodd

Haha I now see it too.