Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Windows 10 Update 1903

PeterCPC

3 minutes ago, Gasman said:

Tried the update assistant and it still says mine is up to date with1809 and not yet ready for 1903 ???. Must be waiting for some drivers or something else to update?

Steve

Your pc will update when it is ready to do so. If you try to update manually it might not allow you to or get so far and then roll back. The last cumulative update had an extra feature that will notify you when it is ready to update.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Cornelius Varley said:

My 1803 laptop updated to 1903 yesterday. And by yesterday I mean most of yesterday, about 11 hours from start to finish.

Its certainly a big one, still finding little things it changed or disabled but no real problems although I think my boot up speed has increased to over 6 seconds now.

Alan

19 minutes ago, Grierson said:

It’s a pain in the a***e if you happen to have an 650 NVIDIA graphics card. 45 mins to upgrade, 2 hrs plus to sort out the display afterwards!!

I have not checked my NVIDIA graphics yet as my laptop runs the Intel most of the time (dual graphics cards) and then only runs the NVIDIA front end if playing games on the laptop screen so need to plug in my TV to test out the full graphics options.

Must get this looked into before my next planned gaming session.

Alan

Keep trying with my laptop and desktop pc`s but they both say up to date with 1810??.

The Microsoft web site says ` Windows 10, version 1903 is available for any user who manually selects “Check for updates” via Windows Update for all devices that do not have a safeguard hold. `

So presumably both mine do have a `safeguard hold` whatever that is??.

Steve

45 minutes ago, Gasman said:

Keep trying with my laptop and desktop pc`s but they both say up to date with 1810??.

The Microsoft web site says ` Windows 10, version 1903 is available for any user who manually selects “Check for updates” via Windows Update for all devices that do not have a safeguard hold. `

So presumably both mine do have a `safeguard hold` whatever that is??.

Steve

A quick look on the interweb seems to suggest that safeguard hold might be due to windows update detecting incompatible software or hardware, this might just be out of date drivers etc and might self correct at some point.

Alan

• 2 weeks later...

Finally got the 1809 laptop updated. After a week of failed attempts, the computer said yes but windows said no, head scratching, hair pulling, a few choice words querying the parentage of the said laptop and several long nights installing 1903, failing and returning to 1809, I decided to resort to voodoo, black magic and a little backdoor trickery to get 1903 installed. Only six more months to the next update. :D

19 minutes ago, Cornelius Varley said:

Finally got the 1809 laptop updated. After a week of failed attempts, the computer said yes but windows said no, head scratching, hair pulling, a few choice words querying the parentage of the said laptop and several long nights installing 1903, failing and returning to 1809, I decided to resort to voodoo, black magic and a little backdoor trickery to get 1903 installed. Only six more months to the next update. :D

Well, I always said Widows was the work of the Devil, and Bill O' Th' Gates was really the Opener of the Ways.

Well my i7 desktop updated and running like a guddun but my Lenovo i5 laptop is very sluggish since the 1903 update. Thinking of doing a fresh win 10 install on it, ran malware bytes and didn't show anything and nothing seems amiss with msconfig so maybe a fresh install would do it?.

Steve