NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

The Moon @ The NHM

niallk

Was over in London for the w/e, and swung by definitely one of the most wonderful parts of our universe - The Natural History Museum 😁  We only had 50mins, but i wanted to see the Blue whale mounted in the Hintz Hall, and bring my little fella quickly around the dinosaurs.  Just opposite the entrance to the dino section, happened to be a pretty awe inspiring installation on the Moon:

spacer.png20190609_123535.thumb.jpg.90aa9d53ba7593e8ae55fde2a0210956.jpg

20190609_123620.thumb.jpg.469b7bf82e3ca4e80ee36e826ebbdb07.jpg

Pretty amazing, and great to see so many people enthralled.   It was spectacular to see the far side in detail too.

Worth a trip - as if anyone needs an excuse to visit the NHM!

I really felt like telling people to just go and buy a 130p Heritage and see even more detail for themselves ;)

Edited by niallk
  • Like 10

Yes as far as i understand, it is a temporary installation.  Its a large suspended 3D globe.

London is a great place + the staff everywhere we went were so friendly and helpful: hotel/train & subway stations/restaurants/museums... could teach the Irish a lot about hospitality!!

On 10/06/2019 at 22:24, niallk said:

Yes as far as i understand, it is a temporary installation.  Its a large suspended 3D globe.

London is a great place + the staff everywhere we went were so friendly and helpful: hotel/train & subway stations/restaurants/museums... could teach the Irish a lot about hospitality!!

Looks fantastic.

They should make it permanent, if it is only temporary.

• Like 1