SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Adur Astronomical Society meeting Monday 1st December.

Trevor

Adur Astronomical Society meeting Monday 1st December from 19-30 hrs.

Details on how to find us are on our website.

http://www.adur-astronomical.com/index.htm

Our guest speaker will be Mr Nick Howes giving a talk entitled:

"Three Sides to the Sun"

And cover H-A, CaK and white light imaging.

Hopefully Bern: http://www.modernastronomy.com/ will also be in attendance should you wish any early Christmas presents without the other half knowing :thumbright:

Trev.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll make lots of mince pies (with homemade brandied mincemeat!) if you lot promise to eat every last one... Remember that it's all for a good cause! :D

...and what rules would they be then, Mr Richards?? Hmmm... and seeing that you did such a fab job of drying up last month, we'll let you have another go if you want :)

Lea

...and what rules would they be then, Mr Richards?? Hmmm... and seeing that you did such a fab job of drying up last month, we'll let you have another go if you want

Hmmmpphhh ...... not quite the rule I had in mind but I like to show willing, provided I am suitably nourished, of course .....

Let it be known that Steve only lost out the other month on the goodies as he spent too much time chatting in the interval, by the time he had finished the others had scoffed the lot. We will put some to the side for you on Monday as you do so much good work for us.

Robin

Let it be known that Steve only lost out the other month on the goodies as he spent too much time chatting in the interval, by the time he had finished the others had scoffed the lot.

That is an outrageous accusation and you are clearly seeking to perpetuate an allegation levelled at me by the the pie baker herself. Bern and I only had a very brief chat - well OK we had an in depth chat but .......... well anyway if I had known that food was available the outcome of the break would have been different and perhaps a little more silent ......

I'm deffo not going - it seems I managed to contract legionella and I feel like - well like not very good.

Can someone who is going get some notes of whats good to obeserve/image this month for the web site. Not that I'll be doing any - between legionella and clouds I'll be lucky if I EVER get to see anything.

:)

Hope you get well soon Mel...

The highlights for imaging from Steve Richards were:

M42, M43 and Running Man

Barnards Loop (deep, widefield of Orion)

Pleiades (M45)

There was another, but my brain has gone.... I think it was in Auriga

Ed's list I cannot remember.... I just remember him saying about Algol

Not that you want to hear this, but it was a very good meeting!

Richie

Mel

Get well soon, I’m a bit under the weather too today………

I will ask Ed to give a quick run down for you :D

Algol something about sacrificial offerings ohhhhhhhhhhhh :)

Nick’s talk was just brilliant……..luckily he will be down this way again soon so you wont miss out on the next one.

Trev.[/]

The additional imaging target was the Rosette neb.

Ed included M1, M36, M37 and M38, M42 and M45 I think. Also the planets and the moon, it might be possible to see 4, if you're real lucky towards the end of the month. Also the Hyades.

Get well Soon.

Hi Mel, I wish you a speedy recovery.

M42, M43 and Running Man

Barnards Loop (deep, widefield of Orion)

Pleiades (M45)

There was another, but my brain has gone.... I think it was in Auriga

I also rather predictably (well it is December after all!) included Orion's Belt stars, The Flame Nebula and The Horsehead Nebula

Archived