Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

AR 2741 in white light 12 May 2019

Oldfort

Great start oldfort. Make the most of this AR as the sun is fairly quiet generally at the moment. Nice to have a bit of activity to look at this weekend.

There's much more to be found in your image if you push it a little harder in suitable software.
You have captured some surface texture as well as the detail in the spots.
Fortunately you have plenty of image scale to play with. Allowing you to crop closer to the major spot without spoiling the results.
I saved your image and simply increased contrast and reduced gamma to bring out much more detail than can be seen in the image you posted. :thumbsup:

Try a free software like Paint or PhotoFiltre and just play around to get a feel for what is possible.
Or try with one of the more advanced [free] imaging softwares to extract even more from your images.
I'm a complete beginner myself at image improvement using this clever software.
The capture stage is only the beginning. The real magic comes afterwards.

The chaps who post here regularly are great masters of their art form.
Watch a few tutorials on YouTube to get you started.
There's also an excellent tutorial at the top of this forum.
I just wish I understood half of it. :blush:

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Rusted said:

There's much more to be found in your image if you push it a little harder in suitable software.
You have captured some surface texture as well as the detail in the spots.
Fortunately you have plenty of image scale to play with. Allowing you to crop closer to the major spot without spoiling the results.
I saved your image and simply increased contrast and reduced gamma to bring out much more detail than can be seen in the image you posted. :thumbsup:

Try a free software like Paint or PhotoFiltre and just play around to get a feel for what is possible.
Or try with one of the more advanced [free] imaging softwares to extract even more from your images.
I'm a complete beginner myself at image improvement using this clever software.
The capture stage is only the beginning. The real magic comes afterwards.

The chaps who post here regularly are great masters of their art form.
Watch a few tutorials on YouTube to get you started.
There's also an excellent tutorial at the top of this forum.
I just wish I understood half of it. :blush:

Indeed. Even with only PS Express on a mobile, and little skill, there is alot more in there.

PSX_20190512_190138.jpg

• Like 2

Rusted and Supernova, thanks for your input.  I suspected there was more to see, but I'm a beginner with processing, and I didn't have much time today.  I do however have some raw files to play with, and it's good to see that I won't be wasting my time.

• Like 1