Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

A few galaxies with 10"

tooth_dr

It's somewhat a novelty having a decent focal length and a fast scope.  Whilst trying to get my mount adjusted following the belt mod, I grabbed some data of M106, M64 and M51.  Tracking was poor in most of the subs, but APP done a great job of hiding it to my eye.  M106 was going better when my secondary fogged up 1 hour into the run.  Luminance filter, ATIK 383L+, on an EQ6, using SW250px scope.

M64 = 1 x 300s

M51 = 4 x 150s

M106 = 25 x 150s

Thanks for looking

Adam.

M64WIP.jpg

M51WIP.jpg

M106WIP.jpg

2 minutes ago, FaB-Bo-Peep said:

Very promising and interesting as I have recently purchased a 10" scope 🙂

I really like the focal length but it’s a lot more demanding than my small refractor.  What did you get?

I've come full circle, my very 1st scope was the blue tube SW 130PM which immediately got me hooked and I had some great results with it. Then I went to an ED 100 but although that was a very nice scope I craved more aperture. Then I went to a Celestron C8 which is also a very nice scope but I never felt I achieved the same results as my first reflector so now I've gone back to my roots but on a much larger scale with the 250PDS and although I'm still testing I'm really pleased with the early results and feel like I'm back on track and great things are ahead 🙂

2 minutes ago, FaB-Bo-Peep said:

I've come full circle, my very 1st scope was the blue tube SW 130PM which immediately got me hooked and I had some great results with it. Then I went to an ED 100 but although that was a very nice scope I craved more aperture. Then I went to a Celestron C8 which is also a very nice scope but I never felt I achieved the same results as my first reflector so now I've gone back to my roots but on a much larger scale with the 250PDS and although I'm still testing I'm really pleased with the early results and feel like I'm back on track and great things are ahead 🙂

Look forward to your results with the 10”. I did dabble with a 300PDS but it proved just too much and I sold it on. 

5197E62A-7EC2-4955-8DD3-CC63F592019A.jpeg

Archived