Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Guiding software problem

Has anyone encountered this issue?  I've installed the software for my new ASI1600mm-Pro and have been running some daytime trials to check things are working.

The problem is that PHD2 will no longer connect to the mount via the ASI120mc which is what I use as a guide camera.

Thanks

John

GuidingSoftwareIssue.jpg

16 minutes ago, knobby said:

Are you using the hub on camera ? It needs to be powered by 12v

I have a USB connection from my laptop to the ASI120, then there's a cable from the ASI120 to the NEQ6 mount.  There are no PSU inputs except for the mount itself.

18 minutes ago, david_taurus83 said:

Are you sure it's not trying to connect through the 1600?

Good point, I hadn't thought of that.  I've now disconnected the 1600 but still get the same error after reloading the software, so it's not that.

1 minute ago, Starwiz said:

Good point, I hadn't thought of that.  I've now disconnected the 1600 but still get the same error after reloading the software, so it's not that.

It does connect to the ASI120 OK, as it also did with the 1600 connected, but it's just not seeing the mount.

After several hours, I think I have it working.  The original native driver for the ASI120mc seems to be missing and it appears to have been replaced by ZWO with the ASI Cameras native driver.  However, PHD2 still looks for the original driver if ASI ST4 Telescope (ASCOM) is selected for the mount connection.

It seems to work with 'ASI Camera (2) (ASCOM)' selected for the camera and ,  'On-camera' selected for the mount.  Of course, I'll only really know when I get it under the stars, hopefully later this week.

On 14/04/2019 at 16:05, Starwiz said:

After several hours, I think I have it working.  The original native driver for the ASI120mc seems to be missing and it appears to have been replaced by ZWO with the ASI Cameras native driver.  However, PHD2 still looks for the original driver if ASI ST4 Telescope (ASCOM) is selected for the mount connection.

It seems to work with 'ASI Camera (2) (ASCOM)' selected for the camera and ,  'On-camera' selected for the mount.  Of course, I'll only really know when I get it under the stars, hopefully later this week.

I was going to suggest this, good job I read the thread and saw that you'd already figured it out.    I'm talking about the "on-camera" part.

Archived