Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

coma cluster

Hi everyone

Must admit to -not slight- disappontment with this one. Was expectng more look-like-a-galaxy spirals. As it is, it's a few fuzzy blobs which I don't think with an old dslr is gonna improve much with more frames. But do tell us otherwise!

As always, comments most welcome.

Canon 700d. 80 minutes @ ISO 800

1209224608_2nube-coma(copy).thumb.jpg.7c6f831797afe17518121b0e910d94a4.jpg

You've got a lot of galaxies for 80mins of subs! Very nice. I've tried this area and most of the galaxies seem to be non-spiral, and if they are they are edge on. So blobs it is...

56 minutes ago, alacant said:

Hi and thanks for the encouragment but no. It's a 15 year old inherited bashed around 10" sw which we restored from the scrap heap when a mate moved back to civilisation.

Cheers

Well that and something else I read earlier of one of the best imagers on site should give everyone a lift. I have some nice gear without it being the best in most cases and stuggle with everything. You with modest equipment and the other imager with again far from the finest gear delivers time and time again very nice results in your case and some stunning ones in hers. I have to knuckle down and get guiding and using EQ Mod. As keen as I am now the weather has other ideas. It just goes to show we don't all need Astro Phys mounts APM scopes and mega buck cameras to deliever.

Alan

If you want more spirals try the nearby Abell 1367. Coma is a very rich cluster and most of the spirals have been stripped of their gas and so don't show any star formation (so no nice blue arms).

NigelM

Archived