Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

First Light TMB 115

Finally the gods and stars aligned and the clouds buggered off put the scope out to cool and balanced the tube and waited for dark 

fired up the AZ mount popped in the trusty 24mm panoptic and away we went focusing in on the first star to pop into view and wow so sharp

swung over to Procyon and its colour was stunning and the sky looked so black like velvet on to M42 and again wow although low down

i was able to see so much nebula trails and all stars resolved then on to the moon once again the Focus snapped in to a sharp image 

quite unbelievable detail it was like I’d seen it for the first time razor sharp detail shadows in the creators I thought I’d chance 

my arm and get the Baader binoviwers out  don’t usually have much luck only on solar but I was amazed the TMB being the scope that it is

has an adjustable focal tube so rough set and then fine tune with the feather touch and pop there it was like a 3D image through my pair of 19mm flats 

I truly was amazed and sat for the next 2 hours soaking in the view I must say this is so far an amazing scope and the optics are living up to their deserved Hype sadly the clouds started to roll in so that’s it for now but I’m sure I’ve got plenty to look forward to with this scope .

5 hours ago, John said:

Great report Garry :)

It's not hype with the LZOS objectives - they really are top class in every sense.

Yes John I have seen the light sorry dark the Tak 100 and Televue 101 take some beating but this does that in my opinion everything is so crisp and detailed don’t think I’ve spent as much time on moon in years also being bino friendly is a win win and still  very portable 

On 13/04/2019 at 09:36, John said:

Great report Garry :)

It's not hype with the LZOS objectives - they really are top class in every sense.

I concur, both the 80L and 80A LOMO's were the best , most contrasty refractor I have ever looked through. Congrats on the 115!!!

Archived