Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Last night M33 (18/08)

rawhead

After checking the weather forecast, the fabulously clear night showing at 7.30pm was not going to last… A quick half an hour with the bins was in order. Fired up Stellarium and got my bearings for M33.

Back outside, down from Cassiopeia, found the triangle, slowly panning up and bingo! There it sat in all its pale smudge wonder looking a lot bigger than I expected. Another tick for the 10X50s :hello2:

Finishing off with a quick look at Andromeda then the Double cluster the delivery guy arrived with the Chinese takeaway. :tongue8:

As predicted it had completely clouded over by the time I’d finished my meal. I’d still had a great session under the stars. :thumbup:

Half moon looked fantastic first thing this morning….

Cheers

Jon

Well done Jon. Binos are the ticket for finding M33.

As predicted it had completely clouded over by the time I’d finished my meal

Not quite sure i understand this line though. Are you saying the weathermen got it right :shock: Wow that is turn up for the books, not sure i've ever heard a case of that happening before :hello2:

Interesting finding m33 in binos as the sight in 10" and even 14" scopes is quite disappointing, bins seem to fair very well - some claim they can see it with the naked eye usually after a couple of whiskies.

Archived