Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Hi Anthony,

Well, it's hard to say without knowing what notebook and webcam you're using... I would say it depends on which operating system the notebook is running (most likely Windows 10), and if it has the required slots to connect your webcam (most likely USB 2/3, or C if it's very new). There might also be drivers that you need to install. 

I'm using a Lenovo Miix 320, which is a notebook that converts into a touch pad, and I have no problem connecting and using my ZWO camera :) 

Pierre

5 hours ago, Anthony1979 said:

The notebook ia an Asus X102BA/A4-1200/4GBRam 500GB HDD/10" windows 8/B.... Would i be able to use a webcam on it... Ive not got webcam at moment yet thanks 

and what do you you want to do?As you only state webcam? connected to what?

I am using a Dell Vostro 3400 with USB2 ports for planetary imaging.  I suggest you look up this specification and see if the spec. of your notebook (speed, storage etc) matches or exceeds it. If it does, you should be OK.

If you have a "webcam" you can probably have a go at planetary imaging with your visual telescope. You should have a driven mount.  If you want to try deep space imaging you have a steep learning curve ahead, followed by a large expense.  

On 16/03/2019 at 10:52, Anthony1979 said:

What do you mean by speed 

The speed, at what gigahertz does the processor, or CPU, run.  Online, I'm seeing 1.0 Ghz for that particular model...

https://www.amazon.com/Asus-X102BA-Touchscreen-A4-1200-Laptop/dp/B00FAUGFTA

Incidentally, Windows 8 came with my Lenovo laptop, but I promptly erased it and installed Windows 7; then later, Windows XP over that.  I'm a bit old-school in that sort of thing.

Archived