NGC2244 HaRGB

Brian28

We had a couple of clear nights back in February and I managed  to capture the Rosette Nebula with 4 hrs of  180 sec subs RGB and 1 hr of 180 sec subs Ha .. 

Taken with my Orion Optics CT8 and QHY163C Camera 

NGC 2244 HaRGB.jpg

Hi John , would like to put it to more use TBH but the weather has been terrible .. the mount is excellent ..  got good guiding from the off ..  , but I have just modified the mount by taking out the polar scope and the USB and power sockets , I fitted a polemaster , that I haven't tried yet ,and fitter 3 x 2 pin screw power sockets and then run the cables for the stepper motor , main camera and guide camera up through the middle of the mount , this allows me to change from the CT8 to the Edge and connect up the same 3 cables ..  this has also reduced the weight of the CT8 considerably.. 

so Im hoping the next time out to be even better .. ..

im also still getting use to the software , I use APT ..  

also thinking of getting a mono camera or a very good colour ..  bit unsure at the moment .. 

4 hours ago, fwm891 said:

Like that. I suspect the 'colour' has been muted by the Ha. Have you one with just the RGB subs?

I must say it's not quite that muted in the PC screen 

35 minutes ago, Brian28 said:

I must say it's not quite that muted in the PC screen 

Hi Brian, I was expecting the stars to have more colour. There's hints of colour in the halos. Depends on the processing software etc. Great image though, don't get me wrong.

Waiting for my CEM60 standard to arrive...

Today I reprocessed my original Rosette data  from the image at the beginning of this post . . I think it's altogether much better , but your thoughts always welcome .?

i used APP to process and stack the image then Photoshop & lightroom for the post processing. 

Rosette_Saved_from_APP + PS -rgb 1998 JPEG.jpg

36 minutes ago, carastro said:

That's a huge improvement Brian, there were a lot of dark holes in the original process.  What did you do differently this time?

Carole 

Hi Carole . Thank you ?   I used APP to post process ,stack and first stretch. 

I also combined the Ha as per Steve Richards Books .. i didn't do it correctly before ..  I also  think I wasn't  pushing the data enough .  

Archived