Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

ES 82 14mm

Green12

Thanks all for advice so far.

ive been trying to decide between Delite and Morpheus as an upgrade from my Starguiders and Meade Plossl.

f10 SCT 8 inch

i have found a great price /almost half  cost of Morpheus/Delite for es82 14mm. Argon. would this be a good choice for my set up?

thanks.

Hi there, all three ep's you mention are good and incredibly sharp.  I went for the ES82 14mm, the 82 series presents the most immersive experience I have ever had whilst viewing the night sky.  The 14mm is a lovely and very versatile focal length and I think you will love it. 

I find it to be an excellent all round eyepiece, and enables me to fit the full lunar disc in the field of view through my 14in f5 Newtonian at 127x.

Also not too big and heavy when compared to the original 13mm Nagler and 14mm Meade Ultra Wide Angle eyepices, which were dual 1.25/2in fitting.

John

• 2 weeks later...

I finally ordered! Received my ES82 14mm early this week. It looks great, not had a chance to use yet. Really looking forward to Using it.

im thinking 8.8mm or 24mm next?? Well that's the plan if this works well/better than I already have.

The ES82's are lovely ep's, I have them all, the 8.8mm is a lovely ep as well, but I find I don't use the 24mm as I prefer to use the TV Pan 24mm as it is much lighter and easier to handle (another great ep!).

• 2 weeks later...

Used my es82 14mm a few times. Really impressed with this ep. In my opinion it's a good upgrade for my set up. Ep lives in diagonal now. Looks like it' has retired a few eps I had in 12-18 mm bracket!

its a much more comfortable. Experience. So for stars seem brighter and better colour.

had my best viewing of m82 with this and the viewing condition s were not  even great.

viewed moon just once, it was almost full. Seemed a far deeper view. At extreme edge of moon on the edge of my fov there was a slight brown tint. Is that normal . Never noticed this on either plossl or starguider.

i am delighted with this choice and can see me adding to this range.

would 24 or 30mm es82 be a good addition to my set up.(I have Maxvision 34).

or might I be better going for es24mm in either 68 or 82.

thanks all.

2 hours ago, Green12 said:

At extreme edge of moon on the edge of my fov there was a slight brown tint. Is that normal . Never noticed this on either plossl or starguider.

Probably "ring of fire" which is caused by chromatic aberration of the exit pupil.  I see something similar on my 30mm ES-82.  The red and blue ends of the spectrum don't focus at the same exit pupil distance.

spacer.png

Archived