Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_through_the-_eyepiece_winners.thumb.jpg.236833c5815bb321211a43f4d5214ba8.jpg

Thanks all for advice so far.

ive been trying to decide between Delite and Morpheus as an upgrade from my Starguiders and Meade Plossl.

f10 SCT 8 inch

i have found a great price /almost half  cost of Morpheus/Delite for es82 14mm. Argon. would this be a good choice for my set up?

thanks.

Hi there, all three ep's you mention are good and incredibly sharp.  I went for the ES82 14mm, the 82 series presents the most immersive experience I have ever had whilst viewing the night sky.  The 14mm is a lovely and very versatile focal length and I think you will love it. 

• Like 1

As long as you don't need to wear eyeglasses at the eyepiece due to astigmatism, the ES82 series should perform quite well in your scope.

• Like 1

I find it to be an excellent all round eyepiece, and enables me to fit the full lunar disc in the field of view through my 14in f5 Newtonian at 127x.

Also not too big and heavy when compared to the original 13mm Nagler and 14mm Meade Ultra Wide Angle eyepices, which were dual 1.25/2in fitting.

John

• Like 1

I finally ordered! Received my ES82 14mm early this week. It looks great, not had a chance to use yet. Really looking forward to Using it.

im thinking 8.8mm or 24mm next?? Well that's the plan if this works well/better than I already have.

• Like 1

The ES82's are lovely ep's, I have them all, the 8.8mm is a lovely ep as well, but I find I don't use the 24mm as I prefer to use the TV Pan 24mm as it is much lighter and easier to handle (another great ep!).