Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Guidecam not connecting to PHD2

smr

Hi,

My first guidecam arrived today so this is all new to me. It's a ZWO 120MM Mini. I also installed Windows 10 afresh on a new SSD drive today so Windows should be working fine.

I did everything as per instructions  - downloaded the ZWO drivers first. And the camera is listed in device manager and as working properly. 

I then downloaded the ASCOM platform, even though I can't connect the mount to my laptop yet, but I downloaded it and then the ASCOM ASI Drivers.

When running PHD2 I can see ZWO ASI Camera listed, but when I click connect it fails to connect insisting that no ZWO cameras detected.

Any idea as to what is causing this?

edit - I also have ASICAP installed and when opening the program the circle just spins constantly. I can see ZWO ASI120MM Mini listed as the camera though so it must know it is there. I know it's not the speed of the laptop as it's extremely fast with this SSD now.

1 minute ago, Anthonyexmouth said:

How are you connecting it? i know if i run sharpcap and then PHD without shutting down sharpcap then my asi120mm wont connect. 

That goes for any two programmes - you cant have two pieces of software accessing the same camera at the same time.

3 minutes ago, Skipper Billy said:

Click on the 'Cameras' tab and you should see your camera listed - click on it to connect to it.

If you put your hand in front of the camera then take it away you should see it go from white out to dark - if it does its working!

ah ok so it works then!... wonder why it isn't working with PHD2 then?

9 minutes ago, Anthonyexmouth said:

What driver are you using PHD? right at the bottom of the drop down is a ZWO asi camera. thats the one i use for my 120mm

Yes ZWO ASI Camera.

I am getting the same problem with my desktop computer. I've just downloaded the ZWO native driver from the ZWO website and installed PHD2. Same thing, select the camera, but won't connect to it. 

Both computers running Windows 10.

1 minute ago, Anthonyexmouth said:

make sure sharpcap is closed before you even open PHD. then go through the 3 zwo options in the PHD drop down. 

it wasn't working before sharpcap was installed. are you using Windows 10 ? 

Well, cover the guide scope with an Alu foil and make a small hole with a ball pen .

You can inrease and decrease exposure time under a sec to get a clear Image.

Focus the guide scope during day time  and a little soft focused star during in the evening /night time.

This will help you to run PHD with ease.

gd lk.

Rush

Archived