IC434 2 Hours

I got 2 hours of 12 minute subs on this tonight and I think through all the light pollution in Carlisle its come out pretty good.

Guiding was really good again.

1 strange thing though, after Meridian flip when I was finished for tonight on this subject I switched to M42 to grab a few shots before packing up and I could not for the life of me get the thing to guide. even restarting PHD2 and recalibrating it was hopeless, checked pole alignment too when I was taking kit down and it was still pretty much on the ball so im not sure unless being very close to the Meridian causes such mayhem?

Anyway...………..

ok so its 10 x 720 second subs, lights, flats darks etc

Stacked in DSS Processed in Photoshop.

Id still like a lot more data but im happy that ive started seeing the results ive been longing for.

Comments very welcome.

Cheers

Stu.

IC434HorseHead020219_2.jpg

8 hours ago, Stu Wilson said:

I got 2 hours of 12 minute subs on this tonight and I think through all the light pollution in Carlisle its come out pretty good.

Guiding was really good again.

1 strange thing though, after Meridian flip when I was finished for tonight on this subject I switched to M42 to grab a few shots before packing up and I could not for the life of me get the thing to guide. even restarting PHD2 and recalibrating it was hopeless, checked pole alignment too when I was taking kit down and it was still pretty much on the ball so im not sure unless being very close to the Meridian causes such mayhem?

Anyway...………..

ok so its 10 x 720 second subs, lights, flats darks etc

Stacked in DSS Processed in Photoshop.

Id still like a lot more data but im happy that ive started seeing the results ive been longing for.

Comments very welcome.

Cheers

Stu.

IC434HorseHead020219_2.jpg

Stunning image mate!!

I don't see what the meridian position is going to alter in itself. If the mount is out of balance in RA the imbalance will be at its greatest with the counterweights horizontal but there will be no sudden change at the meridian. How about cable drag, particularly after the flip when the cables have to reorganize themselves?

I think that with a bit of Photoshop layering you could get this even better. A softer stretch of Alnitak used as a bottom layer would allow you to use a well feathered eraser to take off the more saturated full stretch version on the top. I might also use the same idea to take down the saturation in parts of the flame. Make a less saturated bottom layer and take off the slightly 'angry' looking parts from the top.

Olly

Archived