horsehead stars??

iwols

I'd say it is what's called 'walking noise.' Hot pixels which are in a fixed position on the chip appearing in a different position on successive images. Even if you are guiding there can be field rotation due to imperfect polar alignment. (If you stack just an early and late sub, have a look at the position of their borders. These are likely not to align with each other for the same reason. During a single sub the field rotation will maybe not show but over the duration of a sequence it will do so.)

Either you need to re-do your darks or apply strong hot pixel filtration before combining. Strong sigma clipping should also help.

Olly

4 hours ago, iwols said:

thanks guys not using darks ,when i used sigma clipping it was ok but lost a lot of detail,ive uploaded my data if anyone wants to give it a go

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/33m97v87taykvg8/AABgn-u3oy18nGweUzaGpJfha?dl=0   so i can see how it should be

I would love to have a go at this data. I’ll get a look tomorrow and see what it looks like. 

Archived