Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_globular_clusters_winners.thumb.jpg.13b743f39f721323cb5d76f07724c489.jpg

Astrokev

Double glazed units

Hi All

Thought I'd post a separate thread to my observatory build in the hope of reaching out to more people...

I'm trying to find a supplier of double glazed sealed units within collection distance of Bedford. I've trawled Fleabay but I'm either not using very effective search terms (very likely!), or maybe there just are none within the catchment area I'm looking for.

Does anyone know of any make-to-measure budget suppliers within Beds, Cambs, Herts area? I'm after a single unit of dims c. 465x525

Many thanks for any help

Kev

Couple of DG shops around here that keep a few of the ones they've removed for resale, may be something similar in your area.

Maybe better off using local directory rather than EB.

http://directory.bedfordshire-news.co.uk/search/bedford%2Cbedfordshire/double-glazing

Dave

Edited by Davey-T
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, kippford said:

There are several online sites which will supply whatever you want.

Such as this one. https://www.glasstops.co.uk/order-online/sealed-unit-rectangle.php

There are many others though.

Thanks for this. Nice site. I punched in the numbers but the quoted cost came out at £60 for a sealed unit a little over a foot square. Whoa!  I think I'll continue shopping around!

3 hours ago, Davey-T said:

Couple of DG shops around here that keep a few of the ones they've removed for resale, may be something similar in your area.

Maybe better off using local directory rather than EB.

http://directory.bedfordshire-news.co.uk/search/bedford%2Cbedfordshire/double-glazing

Dave

Thanks Dave. Dumb me, I never even thought to check a local directory. Maybe says something about how programmed we are these days to go down the EB rabbit hole!

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, kippford said:

Thanks - I'll take a look, and search around

Kev

44 minutes ago, Astrokev said:

Thanks for this. Nice site. I punched in the numbers but the quoted cost came out at £60 for a sealed unit a little over a foot square. Whoa!  I think I'll continue shopping around!

I used these people, Kev, and mine was £65 including delivery for a 1000 x 600 unit.  May be worth giving them a call?

• Thanks 1

Sorry for the very belated reply, but I'll add it anyway in case it's of use to anybody. I used www.clearviewbuyonline.co.uk collection in Peterborough and cost me £16.80 for a unit which was I think about 600x300. They have a nice online designer that lets you add your specs for real-time price.

Edited by Shibby