Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Opticstar RDF - battery included?

emadmoussa

3 minutes ago, Alan White said:

Are you sure it's lighter than a Telrad Emad?
One comment I would make is this type of finder can be very bright at its lowest settings.

Maybe not lighter, but a lot smaller. Yes, it's somewhat bright, but as far as I remember it was OK. I tended to turn it off and on sometimes in order to position it accurately on the target. TBH, I do that with the Telrad as well, especially when it's a bit foggy. It too can get bright and smudgy. 

What I have discovered with my RDF is that 'cheap' flat cell batteries  don't make a good job of powering my one.  If you end up needing to buy one I would recommend the investment of something like a Duracell flat cell.

1 hour ago, JOC said:

What I have discovered with my RDF is that 'cheap' flat cell batteries  don't make a good job of powering my one.  If you end up needing to buy one I would recommend the investment of something like a Duracell flat cell.

Agreed. 

Archived