Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

NGC 2237 Rosette WIP

john2y

Hey guys,

So I've been collecting data of this beauty for quite while mainly because of the bad weather. This is my most favorite nebula and it is the main reason I got my ASI1600MM Pro this summer to shoot this one in narrowband with the SHO result. My goal is to get 40+ hours on this target. I want really clean noiseless image. It's hard though since I shoot from the balcony and I see it only for two hours and low above horizon. If the weather clears up I hope to get to my cottage where I can shoot it whole night. I'm planning on updating this thread as I acquire more data. My biggest obstacle right now is my mount which oscillates and I have to throw away 40% on average per night. 

So far I have:

Ha: 73x180s

Oiii: 117x180s

Sii: 28x180s

I have too little Sii data to do SHO so here is HOO combination so far. It's just a quick processing, no deconvolution or other advanced stuff, basically just DBE, LRGB combination to do HOO and playing with curves a little. 

rozyred.thumb.jpg.b073d7b3502aa730fcb8eddd1946e8b6.jpg

First update, no new data I just reprocessed the current version in SHO.

rozysho.thumb.jpg.1f2179916cc1d0a61fb03596f2a2113f.jpg

Telescope: Explore Scientific 102/714 APO + 0,8x reducer

Camera: ZWO ASI1600MM Pro with ZWO NB filters

Stacked and processed in Pixinsight

Cheers

Jan

1 hour ago, john2y said:

Telescope: Explore Scientific 102/714 APO + 0,8x reducer

Hi, I may have asked you this before but which version of the ES 102 triplet are you using? 

Its a great start to a project that will require lots of dedication. I am currently mid way through a project that ill probably no be posting until the end of 2019 as ill not get the data I want in a single season. 

Adam 

5 hours ago, artem said:

Very nice image Jan, :thumbsup:

Regards

Martin

Thank you Martin

5 hours ago, michael.h.f.wilkinson said:

Superb Rosette. Looking forward to seeing an even more complete version

Thank you, hopefully soon. 

4 hours ago, sloz1664 said:

Great image Jan. NB does bring out the finer elements of this lovey nebula.

Steve

Indeed, without nb I wouldn't be able to shoot it at all since I shoot from the balcony in the middle of big city, Bortle 8 but my cottage occasionally saves the day.

4 hours ago, Adam J said:

Hi, I may have asked you this before but which version of the ES 102 triplet are you using? 

Its a great start to a project that will require lots of dedication. I am currently mid way through a project that ill probably no be posting until the end of 2019 as ill not get the data I want in a single season. 

Adam 

I have the cheapest version with Hoya FCD-1-ED, I'm quite happy with it though I'm considering switching to RC in a couple of years. 

20 minutes ago, RolandKol said:

Very nice result from a balcony!!! :)

P.S.
Unity gain or higher?
Is there any particular reason you stay in 3min exposure range?

Thank you, unity gain and 3mins because as I'm shooting from the city the mean readout would be really high with longer exposures. I'm considering lowering gain and extending the exposures some time, but I want to finish few projects before that. With 3 minute subs I have about 1600-2000 mean.

Archived