Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Astro Bargain? 10Ah 2x12v Battery £33.50

adyj1

I spotted this on Amazon and it looked like a good deal to me... 

RAC Jump Starter - Heavy Duty 400 Amp

Sealed Lead Acid 10Ah Battery with 2 x Cigarette lighter sockets. £33.50 with free prime delivery if you have it. 

(obviously you don't need the jump starter for astro use ?

Yes, I know it isn't the latest rechargeable battery technology, and you need to make sure you don't flatten it or it is dead - but it is cheap.

This deal is definitely aimed at people like me who, if it isn't cheap, can't get one... 

Comments? 

Ady 

I agree - 10Ah won't last long driving a mount and other astro stuff.  You're paying a lot for facilities you're not using.  Might just about work as a jump starter though I have my doubts about that!

1 hour ago, Cornelius Varley said:

It's only 10Ah capacity and some of the reviews weren't that good. For slightly more you can get a 17Ah deep cycle mobility scooter battery.

That's a fair point, but once you add on a case, connectors and a charger, how much would that add on? 

1 hour ago, Gina said:

I agree - 10Ah won't last long driving a mount and other astro stuff.  You're paying a lot for facilities you're not using.  Might just about work as a jump starter though I have my doubts about that!

Gina, I agree it is a bit short on power for a high-end setup, but remember there's a Skywatcher 7AH Powertank for £55.

Archived