Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

My 3d printed eq6 pro pier mount.

Jamie16v

Hello guys, due to frustration of finding time to do my hobby because of work commitments I thought I would do something to reduce my future setup time. So a pier was the answer. I considered buying a commercial adaptor but couldn't justify the cost. 

So I set out to design a 3d printed pier adaptor and build a concrete pier. 

I currently have the adaptor on the 3d printer as I am writing this so the project has only just started. 

In a future development of the adaptor I plan to print the adaptor in pla and cast it to aluminium, but for now I am printing in PETG. 

For the pier I plan to cast concrete into a soil pipe, either 4" or 6" with 3 m10 threaded rod as rebar which will also mate to the 3d printed  adaptor via m10 threaded tube (or long nuts) which will be used to level the adaptor. 

Here is a link to my pier adaptor so if you like you can test it or modify it to suit your purpose. 

EQ6 PRO pier adaptor found on #Thingiverse https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3194096

20181104_102300.jpg

Took about 13 hours to print and kept me awake all night with the printer humming away but this is the result. It took two attempts as the printer skipped a few steps half way through the first attempt which wasted about 4hrs of print time but we got there. 

IMG-20181105-WA0003.jpg

This is basically the skeleton of the pier, about half to a third of it will be buried in concrete and the rest cast in concrete within a 6 inch plastic tube.

I have updated the design slightly due to some minor errors and also added jig to keep the thread bar in line with the pier adaptor. These have been uploaded to thingiverse.

20181110_142542.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Archived