Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Stellarium question

Thalestris24

Just wondered if anyone knew if it's possible to change the defaults used in the oculars plugin/sensor frame. It would be nice if I could set it to use a particular scope/reducer/camera combo when it starts up instead of having to manually select the above each time. I've tried setting them in the configuration/oculars plugin/configuration but it doesn't seem to remember everything between sessions. Of course, I could delete everything not in current use but then I'd have to input everything again when I changed the imaging configuration - which I do fairly frequently as I have different several mounts/scopes/cameras.

Thanks

Louise

If you promote your preferred default scope and eyepiece etc  to the top of the lists on the relevant tabs of the ocular plugin configuration window

with the up/down arrows at the bottom of the window it should open with that combination when you select ocular view.

8 minutes ago, lenscap said:

If you promote your preferred default scope and eyepiece etc  to the top of the lists on the relevant tabs of the ocular plugin configuration window

with the up/down arrows at the bottom of the window it should open with that combination when you select ocular view.

Ah, that helps - thanks! I've been using Stellarium for over 4 years now - yet didn't notice the arrows at the bottom! Tut! They maybe should have mentioned this in the manual (or maybe I missed it...). Mind you, it still doesn't default to my reducer so still have to select that manually though I could just change the focal length of the scope as I'm not likely to use it without the reducer.

Louise

13 minutes ago, Anthonyexmouth said:

Hijack alert: is there a way to make stellarium remember the setting in the bottom bar when it restarts?

Click on Configuration in the left side-bar & select "Save Settings"

Archived