Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Bresser AR 127L

This clamp is on my Celestron 5, it has a multi-curve underside that will match scopes of any diameter , or even square tubes. The notches are superbly designed so only one screw is needed to attach it. I installed it with two but one could do. On my modded Astro-Professional 80 semi-apo only one screw holds the standard Vixen base with no weakness at all. The shape of the base's underside and the scope's tube curvature make it impossible for the shoe to move.

This Baader clamp is even better designed so I'm sure it will hold your finder with no issues, whether with a pair of screws or only one.

When I had a Bresser 127L I replaced the stock finder shoe with a Skywatcher / Vixen compatible one. To match the 2 screw holes that the stock one uses (I didn't want to drill any more) I found that one of the finder shoes for an SCT fitted fine. Something like this (the lower one in the photo):

https://www.telescopehouse.com/accessories/finderscopes/dovetail-base-for-sct.html

Back then the Baader one had not been released but that may well do the job just as well.

On 30/10/2018 at 15:36, John said:

When I had a Bresser 127L I replaced the stock finder shoe with a Skywatcher / Vixen compatible one. To match the 2 screw holes that the stock one uses (I didn't want to drill any more) I found that one of the finder shoes for an SCT fitted fine. Something like this (the lower one in the photo):

https://www.telescopehouse.com/accessories/finderscopes/dovetail-base-for-sct.html

Back then the Baader one had not been released but that may well do the job just as well.

Thanks all.

3 hours ago, R26 oldtimer said:

I found the finder with it's dual ring base that came with my 127L, better than my ED 80 finder, so why do you think you need change the finder shoe?

All my other accessories have synta type dovetails.

Archived