ASI224 Bubble Nebula

cuivenion

This is the Bubble Nebula, an emission nebula discovered in 1787 by William Herschal. Very high in the sky at the moment in the constellation Cassiopeia. This is four hours of forty second exposures taken over two nights with a ZWO ASI224 using a Skywatcher 130PDS on a HEQ5 mount. Guided by a Altair GPCAM with a Skywatcher Finder Guider.

A hundred darks were taken each night. It was captured with Sharpcap, stacked with Deep Sky Stacker and processed in Pixinisight. Any comments or criticisms welcomed as usual.

157912363_Test1Rotated.thumb.jpg.1d96580c52f77b9d268355d6ac6616ee.jpg

2 minutes ago, Dinglem said:

Very nice, I have an ASI224MC and only used it on planets so far. Can I ask what settings did you use in Sharpcap?

Sure:

40 Second Exposures

61 Gain

0 Brightness for the first night of imaging, 28 for the 2nd night. I'm still experimenting with brightness (offset settings).

It depends on the object though, Just make sure your histogram isn't touching the left hand side and is not over exposed. The new Sharpcap manual explains it pretty well:

https://docs.sharpcap.co.uk/3.2/#The Histogram

Archived