SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Pacman Hargb

Allinthehead

This area is full of feint dust and the idea behind this image was to capture and highlight. To my surprise i found a lovely little nebula which the Pacman is moving towards in the bottom right of the image. Wish i had a long focal length for it. Does anyone have a name for it?

This is 180*150 second subs at gain 50 -5 with the Asi 071 calibrated with Flats, Darks, and Bias 

96* 300 second subs in Ha with a 5nm filter and the Asi 1600 gain 129 -20 agian fully calibrated. 

Total of 15.5 hrs

The Ha barely made a difference to the image which feels like the time would have been much better put into more rgb data.

Mounted on an AzEq6

Captured using Sequence Generator Pro

Processed in PS, APP and PI. Stacked in APP.

Richard.

1930392486_Pacmanfinalcopy.thumb.jpg.c4d499295456e07707f9cdf6ca326945.jpg

2139653837_Pacmanfinalhighlight2.thumb.jpg.f4dfe5bf1e99735d96d10a34db4c77b6.jpg

2 hours ago, peter shah said:

rich star field. pretty deep showing some of the real faint fluff in the background sky.....superb

Hi Peter, interesting to hear that there is faint stuff in the background.  I 'accidentally' took some long luminance images (meant to be Oiii), and the background looked blotchy

12 hours ago, toxic said:

this is a beaut image 

Thanks Chris. Glad you like it.

5 hours ago, peter shah said:

rich star field. pretty deep showing some of the real faint fluff in the background sky.....superb

Thanks Peter. I might revisit with more data as there's loads of feint dust to be extracted.

6 hours ago, tooth_dr said:

Hi Peter, interesting to hear that there is faint stuff in the background.  I 'accidentally' took some long luminance images (meant to be Oiii), and the background looked blotchy

The faint stuff  definitely there I imaged about 19 hours  or so on this there is so much more than first I realized, your "blotchy" background resembles the fluff in my shot

Archived