Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Opticron Adventurer 42mm T WP Binocular

TSRobot

Im not sure what do with my Opticron Adventurer 8 x 42 binos. I was very happy with these when i got them in Feb from FLO. But now i'm seeing double stars all the time. At first i thought it was my eyes, but the next night was the same. I haven't dropped or knocked them. For daylight use they seem fine. It's only at night when they show up an error.  

Tim

3 minutes ago, michael.h.f.wilkinson said:

Sounds like a collimation issue. Not sure this roof-prism model can easily be collimated by the user. As they are less than a year old, I would contact FLO.

Can they be collimated at home? They are porro prism i think. 

1 minute ago, TSRobot said:

Can they be collimated at home? They are porro prism i think. 

I see, the Opticron Adventurer T-type differs from the Opticron Adventurer II-type. It is possible to do conditional collimation of porro-prism binoculars at home. Conditional collimation means they work for one IPD setting (typically, your own), but not necessarily for very different IPD settings. I expect doing so may void your warranty, so I would contact the supplier in that case, rather than faffing around myself. I got a pair from bigger bins from FLO which turned up out of collimation, and they sent a replacement pair out really quickly.

You are of course welcome to contact us ?

We closed early today to attend the SGL Star Party (currently travelling up in the van) but someone will see and respond to your email when we return Monday. 

HTH, 

Steve 

19 minutes ago, FLO said:

You are of course welcome to contact us ?

We closed early today to attend the SGL Star Party (currently travelling up in the van) but someone will see and respond to your email when we return Monday. 

HTH, 

Steve 

HI FLO. Have sent you an email this arvo. Don't panic. Enjoy the Star Party. Been to the IAS today. Was going to ask Opticron about my binos but they weren't there....sniff sniff...?

• 2 weeks later...

Have posted these to FLO for recollimation by Opticron. Today I received an email from FLO to confirm with a photo as proof that they do indeed have a crack in the casing. So......OMG I must have dropped them at some time. When posted back to FLO I bubble wrapped them to within an inch of their life so in all honesty it can only be me who dropped them sometime.  Maybe I had 'chemo brain' as they call it at the time as I was still being pickled by cytotoxics. Hey ho. Cant argue with the evidence. Still ill get an oem repair which should be worth it. Look forward to it. Thanks FLO. 

???

• 3 weeks later...

Archived