Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_dslr_mirrorlesss_winners.thumb.jpg.9deb4a8db27e7485a7bb99d98667c94e.jpg

A collection of m15s... Here's my go, fighting the dew laden easterlies but OMG, that core is difficult to resolve.

Thanks for looking. Tips as always most welcome.

** What other globulars are there around ATM. My view west is poor so m13 and m92 are out. Was thinking of m56 but it's tiny...

700d on 250p: about 90 minutes566929487_15-4(copy).thumb.jpg.68ddcf63569ce0d9b3bf0624d2f1f471.jpg

Edited by alacant
  • Like 6

Nice but slightly odd colours.  I get colors like this when I a arc-sin stretch.

• Like 1

There's M2 which is in the same area but lower than M15. I love all the stars again.

• Thanks 1

On 11/10/2018 at 13:39, kirkster501 said:

I get colors like this when I a arc-sin stretch.

Hi. I used StarTools' Develop so not sure what algorithm was used. Anyway, had another go at the colour with my better half looking over my shoulder for colour reference. If it's still wrong, I can now blame her!

Thanks for your input and clear skies to all...

I like the result here. That's  a beautiful Image.
Fascinating objects  Globular clusters.

On 11/10/2018 at 12:39, kirkster501 said:

Nice but slightly odd colours

Each to their own, I guess.  I rather like the colours in this instance, but then I’m not so keen on “spider spikes” on bright stars, though others are.  Not much you can do if you are using a newt, of course...

The colours are intense and I suspect they're not exactly real, but they really are very pretty!

Thanks for a cheerful cluster.