Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Flats panel terminals

bottletopburly

Think you need something like this - https://elwirecraft.co.uk/product/adaptable-driver-for-up-to-5-meters-el-wire/

with the crocodile clips option I would guess. That would take you 12v and convert it to what the panel needs (AC i think?)

Im just researching these myself so not making any promises but if you speak to the supplier im sure they will confirm.

12 minutes ago, bottletopburly said:

Well the website does state you can use a driver or just connect to your own 12v power supply 

Worth checking I should think. I am under the impression that the panels require an AC supply, which is, I think, what the driver/inverter does to the usual 12v DC supplies we usually use. Somebody here will know, maybe @Beyond_Vision

2 hours ago, bottletopburly said:

Well the website does state you can use a driver or just connect to your own 12v power supply 

Yeah I think it means you can use your own 12v power supply to supply the driver. Rather than buying the battery pack option or mains plug etc.

I tend to agree with the above. The driver is in fact an inverter, so if you are going to use a 12VDC supply (battery), you would still need a driver of some sort after the battery as the EL panel will need AC.  This is almost confirmed by the fact that the terminals are not marked, as with AC it wouldn't matter, with DC it would.   If you plug the EL panel directly in to a 12VDC supply, at best it won't work, at worst you'll have a nasty smell of Germolene.

Archived